In 2014, Ingersoll Rand publicly committed to increase its energy efficiency and reduce the greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) related to its operations and products. The company’s Climate Commitment includes:
- 50 percent reduction in GHG refrigerant footprint of its products by 2020 and lower-GWP alternatives across its portfolio by 2030;
- $500 million investment in product-related research and development to fund long-term GHG reduction
- 35 percent reduction in the greenhouse gas footprint of its own operations by 2020
Ingersoll Rand’s Climate Commitment has enabled the avoidance of 11 million metric tons of CO2e globally from its products compared to a 2013 baseline, equal to the emissions from the energy used in 1.6 million homes for one year. The company also has reduced the GHG intensity of its operations by 37.1 percent when compared to a 2013 baseline.
- 11 million metric tons CO2e avoided since 2013 (55% of our 2020 goal achieved)
- Doubled the number of products in our EcoWise ™ portfolio
- 37.1% reduction in greenhouse gas intensity since 2013. Our operational data is assured by an external third party.
- 500,000 metric tons of CO2e avoided since 2013
- Reduced refrigerant losses, re-lamping and green team initiatives all contributed to reduced emissions in our operations
Market Leadership and Convening
- Continued research and development with refrigerant manufacturers and academia on field application of safe and efficient R410A solutions.
- Fully engaged in driving the progress in US building codes and safety standards to enable the use of new refrigerants as early as feasible
Find out more about our Climate Commitment by reading our news release.
For all media inquiries: